Monday, July 13, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes...

With the arrival of baby Emily, we've had some pretty good laughs around here. Some of them have just been sleep-deprived giggles but some of them have been gut-busting laughs. Here's some of the stuff that's kept us going...

1. When I brought the kids to the hospital on Friday evening to see mom and meet Emily, Cindy asked the kids what they did all day and they recalled how they had colored, played soccer, had mac-and-cheese for lunch, and so on. Then Andrew, obviously working on his conversation skills, looked at Cindy and innocently asked, "What did you do today?"

2. Later that evening the kids were fawning over their little sister when Josh jumped in the fray and asked "Can I pet her?"

3. After a nice visit at the hospital I brought the three older kids home and put them to bed. I had a nice chat with Katie about the day and asked if she had any questions about mom or the new baby. She paused thoughtfully and asked "So is there a force field in mommy's stomach or what?" I was pretty confused by her question but took a few minutes to tease out what she was thinking. With a bit of patience I learned she was thinking that if food goes in mommy's belly and the baby is also in mommy's belly, then there must be a force field in mommy's stomach that keeps the food off the baby. I did my best to explain the difference and I think she got it. No force field required, but anybody who has witnessed birth knows there is something supernatural going on! :-)

1 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger The Walmer Family said...

2 boys and 2 girls. So blessed are you! Congratulations!

AND - I am devestated I missed seeing you finish at Grandma's! I didn't realize you were so close to Travis. I had 5 kids under the age of 7 with me and was trying to keep them all in line.. Congrats on finishing the hottest marathon ever!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home