Monday, October 20, 2008

Help Adam Help Needy Children

Here's an email I sent to many friends and family this weekend. I'll post updates after the race, and of course you're invited to contribute to Compassion if you're so inclined!

Dear friends,

On Saturday, October 25, I'm going to attempt my first 50-mile ultramarathon as part of The North Face Endurance Challenge. I've run 25 marathons and two ultramarathons, but this will be the longest run of my life. Please consider being a part of this exciting event by helping me help needy children around the world.

Would you be willing to make a tax-deductible donation to Compassion, a non-profit organization that helps about 800,000 children in 24 countries around the world with food, clothing, education, and health care, including AIDS-related services? Our family has supported children through Compassion for several years and they are a trustworthy organization.

My goal is to raise $100 per mile ($5,000 total), and I'm hoping you'll consider making a one-time donation at:

<https://www.compassion.com/contribution/>

There's no easy way for me to track sponsors, so if you decide to make a donation please email me back and let me know about your contribution. It would be a real encouragement for me to keep going and finish this race!

Blessings,
Adam

1 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Adam

Congratulations on your race...awesome achievement!

Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to let you know I donated $50 to the "Partners of Compassion Fund".

Best,

Jeffrey Warnock

 

Post a Comment

<< Home