Monday, August 18, 2008

Our Trip to Great America

In Andrew's words:

Last week dad and I went to Great America, an amusement park.



Our first ride was the merry-go-round.



Our second ride was the Hometown Fun Machine. It was really fun!



I liked spinning really fast on the Fun Machine.



Then we did the Whizzer, which is a small roller coaster. I was scared at first, but I liked it very much.


We did old fashioned race cars and had a lot of fun. I drove the car and dad sat and helped me a teeny bit.


Then I wanted to go on a roller coaster that went upside down.


When we were waiting in line we saw it go through two loops. It looked a little bit scary.


We also saw it go up and down a big hill. 


We had lunch at 3 o'clock and I sat in the trunk while I ate my sandwich.


We went on a water ride and it was fun. We got wet when we went on this ride.


We did bumper cars and had a fun time bumping everybody else. Dad pushed the pedal and I helped turn the wheel.


After that we had dinner at 9 o'clock. We shared a pizza dinner and a funnel cake for dessert.


This is us riding the Condor. It spins and goes up high in the air. I liked riding it at night with the lights. I also liked riding it in the day.


This was us leaving the park.



We had a good time and we got home at midnight. I fell asleep in the car on the way home.

4 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger robin cornett said...

But did you gut it out and ride the Demon?

Funnel cake is a must have.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Adam Pratt said...

But of course we rode the Demon...twice. Andrew loved it and was so excited that it actually went upside down four times!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Pete and Nancy said...

Hey you two...sounds like a long and lots of fun kind of day! Some of the rides sure looked a bit scary. Hey Andrew, what did you think of the funnel cake?

I miss you bunches!
Love, Grandmom

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Laura Taucher said...

I love it! I'm so proud of Andrew going on coasters. I remember what I think was his first "ride" at Blossom Festival years ago -- he was pretty apprehensive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home