Friday, May 09, 2008

Attack of the Monster Bugs

A cool new bugs exhibit recently opened at the nearby Morton Arboretum and the kids have already been twice. Instead of tiny little bugs, these are HUGE insect models made mostly out of wood and they're just beautiful. It's a great learning experience for the kids, and a great photo opp for dad!

We started with some nice shots by the tulips.



I was able to get both Katie and Andrew, but Josh just couldn't stand still.



Then we say our first bug, a praying mantis, right by the front entrance:



Next we found these GIANT ants:



There are a total of 12 different bugs on display, including a dragonfly, spiders, and a grasshopper. This damselfly was one of our favorites:



Josh wasn't as interested in the bugs as he was in his own pockets.

2 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

Hi, I really like the giant bugs, ironwork is something I would love to collect if I had any money :) I have an unrelated question for Adam. Would you mind an email? I don't see one listed on the site.

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Adam Pratt said...

You can reach me via email: adam at adampratt dot com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home