Sunday, October 28, 2007

Adam's First Magazine Cover!

Earlier this year, I ran the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon with my buddy Dan Walmer. You might remember that I posted several photos I took at the race on this blog. Well, I also submitted a CD of images to Marathon & Beyond, one of my favorite magazines. Meanwhile, several months have passed and I haven't thought much about those photos since.

Then on Thursday morning I received a vague and peculiar email from Jan, the publisher of Marathon & Beyond, about a surprise coming my way. Well, the suspense finally broke on Saturday when I checked the mail and got my latest issue. The surprise was that they used a few of my photos for a story on the OKC marathon, including the front cover of the magazine! Needless to say, I'm really flattered. It's interesting to see that we came to the same conclusion on selecting the image. The photo they chose was hands-down my favorite running shot from that day.

2 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger robin cornett said...

Congratulations, Adam! How exciting! Not a magazine I would normally pick up (you know I don't run) but I'll have to look for a copy now. Fantastic.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger andy cornett said...

you bunch of studs ... how cool for both of you. congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home