Saturday, November 14, 2009

Lighting Experiment

This afternoon the boys and I went to a local camera shop to look into a lighting kit for portrait photography, which I'd like to do more of. I have very little experience with studio-style lighting, so instead of making a purchase I rented a two-light kit with umbrellas and softboxes for the weekend. I brought it home, set things up, and started shooting.






With some trial and error I managed to get some decent shots. I'm sure with more experience I'll look back on these first shots as really amateurish, but it was fun to experiment. I learned a lot quickly and made some good progress just in the first hour. I do wish I had rented the backdrop stand as well. Next time....

1 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger The Egan Family said...

Adam, I am really keen to get some portraits of Cameron! Next time you want to rent the equipment, we'd love to offer him up as a subject! Let me know if you're interested.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home